Tuesday 23 February 2010

Last Night's Formal Hall 22/02


Why do I hate love Mondays? This was the question on my mind yesterday morning as I slid and skidded my 1.5 tons of Vauxhall from Suffolk to Cambridge.
Upon safely reaching Pembroke, I made the mistake of taking a shortcut over the plywood boards outside the finance office; big mistake. A covering of icy slush was almost my undoing, but fortunately, thanks to my cat-like reflexes (I wish), I was saved from a wet backside and certain embarrassment ;-))
Monday, therefore was not a day for venturing far and the warm Pembroke kitchen seemed like a good place to be.
Seb, our Jr. Sous Chef was busy preparing last night's starter of Sun-dried Tomato, Goat's Cheese and Rocket Verrine. This is the second time during Lent that we've served this interesting starter and I hope our guests enjoyed it.
To follow the Verrine we served Parma Ham wrapped fillet of pork with pesto cream sauce, cassoulet of white beans and sauteed potatoes. This is one of my favourite dishes, full of different flavours and lovely colours.
After the main course. Our lovely vegetarian guests were served a Dhal curry with rice, which looked rather nice :-)
For the sweet we served Lemon Semifreddo with Passion Fruit Dressing.
Dessert fruit, coffee and petit fours came last, rounding off a warming dinner on a very chilly evening!

Bon pro'!


No comments:

Post a Comment