Tuesday 1 June 2010

Last Night's Formal Hall Friday 28th May

Friday marked my 44th birthday, and also the 28th anniversary of my first day of paid employment. Way back in May of 1982, I celebrated my 16th birthday bussing tables at the Silo Restaurant in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Much has changed since 1982, and Friday's menu of dishes from the French Laundry, Pier and Pierre Herme highlight the progress both my team and I have made.
We began Friday's meal with a crab salad set on cucumber jelly, garnished with cucumber diamonds, micro-herbs and dill.
Vegetarians were served a summer fruit tian instead of the crab.

The main course featured a beautifully fresh fillet of tuna, char-grilled rare, and served with a fennel risotto and red wine sauce; superb food!
For dessert we served a cirtus tart from Pierre Herme.
Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment