Tuesday 27 April 2010

Last Night's Natural Sciences' Dinner 27/04

Last night, we hosted the annual NatSci dinner at Pembroke College. This morning I looked at the photos from the dinner, and decided that little, if any, written explanation was needed; the food simply looked exceptional!
Smoked salmon and mozzarella terrine with pink peppercorn dressing
Red pepper and mozzarella tart
Garlic and Paprika rubbed pork fillet with Anna potato, cauliflower puree and spinach cream sauce
Spinach and ricotta ravioli
Warm chocolate bouchon with griotte cherries and clotted cream ice-cream
Cheese platters
Bon appetite!

4 comments:

  1. Last nights food was literally amazing. Smoked salmon is a favourite of mine, but I've never seen it done in such an interesting way with the cheese, and the dressing which was also really tasty. Seriously good start. At first I was dissapointed to learn pork was the main course, as I find it a dissapointment to the rest of the pig based meats, with it normally being chewy and tasteless. The main was definitely not that, it was melt in your mouth good. The spinach sauce was great and the potato thing that accompanied is always great. Didn't think it could get any better till dessert, which was similar to the GU dessert but better! The clotted cream ice cream went brilliantly and the little chocolate stick thing was good to finish. I normally wouldn't write on the blog but this meal was just so good I had to feedback and tell the chefs thank you! So thanks! Also thanks to the catering staff who were also great last night, making it a good last subject dinner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent vegetarian option- I don't often go veggie but I was very glad I did! Really good ravioli/tortelloni/whatever it was and I appreciated the large serving of parmesan on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That smoked salmon starter was easily the tastiest thing I've eaten in two years at Cambridge.

    If I ever see it turn up on another formal menu I'll move heaven and earth to find an excuse to go!

    ReplyDelete